Friday, June 17, 2011

6th Grade Celebration

The last day of school was the 6th Grade Celebration! It's an opportunity for the kids to be recognized for their efforts throughout the school year. In this photo Will was receiving a certificate for having been on the Safety Patrol all year.
They were asked to dress up a bit and Will chose to wear this shirt and a button which read, "Heck is for people who don't believe in Gosh". Yeah...... real dressy! What can I say- he's a goof ball!
They handed out their MANY different certificates to all the 6th graders and it took quite a while! There's about 150 of them!
They had set up tables for them to sit and after the awards they were served a small brunch and got to watch a slide show of all of their events this past year. The Mom who put it together did a great job! All the other Mom's were crying! (Yes, including myself!)
This is Will's 6th grade class!
Me and my official 7th grader now! Yikes!
I got a shot of Will and his buddies- aren't they funny! He had a few of them over for a celebration sleepover that night! I've never seen so much Mt. Dew! They tried to pull an all-nighter but didn't quite make it!
This is Will and his teacher Mrs. Nocifora. She was an awesome teacher! Very funny and always had fun with the kids. This was her 1st and last year here though- she moved to Florida!
I am so proud of Will and how well he did this year! Sixth grade is a tough year and he made it through with flying colors! Way to go buddy- we love you!!

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

That is really cool!! What a neat celebration. I would have been right next to you crying at the video! :)