Monday, March 7, 2011

Talent Show

This past Friday our Ward did a talent show and our family represented! Carter and a couple of other boys from the teachers quorum did a "dance"! Here is a shot of Carter busting a move!
I was impressed that Carter rallied the boys and threw together this dance just a few minutes before the show started. It was pretty funny! They danced to "everybody dance now" by C&C Music Factory.
The highlight was the chest bumps! Gotta love those!
After they were done he took the microphone and said that was it and that they had threw it together- but I thought it was great! Teens are fun! There were all kinds of acts from dance to fart songs and it was a really good time!
Brianne and some kids from Primary did a lip sync to a funky version of "once there was a snowman"! One of the Primary leaders put it all together and it was darling!!
They had several costume changes so Will helped out by helping everyone make their changes backstage.
You can tell by these pictures how much Brianne likes performing!
Look at that smile! She is soooooooo in her element! I am almost positive she'll be in theater someday!
Then it was my turn! I was asked to sing with some other ladies in my Ward. I LOVE these ladies- they are so fun and I really had a blast practicing AND performing!
That night one of the ladies got sick and couldn't be there, but we dedicated the song to her and sang out hearts out! We sang "Happiness" from A Good Man Charlie Brown.
We had so much fun and we named our group "Sister Act"! I would do that again in a heartbeat! There were 2 mystery judges in the audience that night and they have to choose 2 acts to go on to the Stake Talent show next month! Keep your fingers crossed!! Hopefully there's a Crismon there!! :)

Here's a link to the video of Brianne's group doing their lip sync:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4348JWgMoc

3 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

How fun! Your family all have the best performing personalities! My fingers are crossed that at least one of the Crismons makes it to the stake show!! How cool. :)

Angela said...

Nice work! I'm pretty talentless when it comes to those things!

Amy said...

I think that's so great that your family was so involved. You guys are totally fun! Loved the pictures