Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of school 2010

I am still in shock over how quickly the summer flew by!! I am guessing it's because we stay so busy and did so many fun things this summer- we are truly blessed! Here's some pics of the kids in their first day of school outfits! So cute!
I can't believe how much I lucked out finding that cute headband to match Brianne's darling outfit! LOVE IT!! Brianne is starting 3rd grade this year! I walked her to her line and stood with her until the bell rung. I gave her lots of hugs and she even wanted me to walk in to her room with her! At least I still have one kid who wants me to STAY with them! So cute!
Will picked out his outfit from Target- a new line by Shawn White! That monster thing on the front of his shirt is the logo for his brand- pretty cool!
Will is getting to be quite a little "man"! He is starting 6th grade this year and I could tell. I got to walk him to where he lined up and then I got a pat on the shoulder and a "I'm okay Mom"- in other words- "you can go now!" But I am so excited for him and his 6th grade year!
I am still in denial that I have a child going into 9th grade!! It just doesn't seem real!! But looking at Carter it's pretty obvious that he's getting big! (and handsome too!!)
This was the first year in a while that he was truly excited to go back to school! It's his last year in middle school and he's in that oldest group which always feels good! And as for him- well dropping him off in front of the school is good enough! But he did ask me something funny last night- he asked me how I am going to take his first day of school pictures (when they hold up their grade on their hands) when he is in high school? I told him I would make him a sign! Pretty funny! And I do still take ones like that, but I didn't put those up on here this year. I am just plainly a VERY proud Mom of three amazing kids! Good luck guys!! :)

7 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Cute--Carter's question about the numbers on the fingers. That's a sure sign he's getting older. I know exactly what you mean about summer (and about kids getting older)--I am totally in denial, too. I love Brianne's outfit, too (PLUS the headband). She's adorable.

Company EIGHT said...

They all look so cute! (Well, the boys look handsome. :) ) The headband is adorable--what a find!

Is 9th grade in high school there now? Or just parts of Utah? When I was growing up, high school wasn't until 10th grade, so when we moved here, it seemed odd to start in 9th grade.

Andee said...

Actually 9th grade is technically middle school right now, but in about a year they are changing that and it will be 6-8 at middle school. I actually like that better!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Will sure looks a lot older to me. They all look great. We start tomorrow!

Megan said...

how fun! your kids are all so adorable. It was great to see you last month. I'm glad Will is still my buddy. ;-)

Amy said...

What nice kids you have! Brianne is super cute and your boys are so handsome. Really nice photos!

Ostler said...

Wow! Where does the time go? Your such a great mom Andee!