Thursday, August 19, 2010

Black and White game

Every year the Alta High Football team puts on a big fundraiser called the Black and White game. Basically it's just scrimmages between the Sophomore/JV team and the JV/Varsity teams. But this year they added these blow up jump things to the usual silent auction, food and other booths. In this picture- you can see Brianne and Will talking with a friend :)





Brianne is such a cute sister! She got all geared up in her brothers old jersey and I did her hair with her cheer bows from last year! She was ready to go!! And she INSISTED we buy her a spirit pack that had hand clappers, megaphone, poms, beads and all in a nice little bag! She is good to go to get her CHEER on!!






Will is a pretty proud brother too! I think he is LOVING having an older brother that plays for the high school! But on this night I think he was more about the treats and FUN!









Carter is not a starter, so we weren't expecting much play time but were pleasantly surprised! He was in for a long time! On the very first play they put him in the team scored their first touchdown!! (yeah....totally because of MY kid right.....hee hee) It was so strange to be sitting in the high school stands, but I was SOOOO proud! After that first play I have to admit I got a little emotional!




They still haven't gotten their jerseys yet, so he is still wearing #91 there in the center. I was surprised that out on that big field he didn't look smaller than those big guys!









There was a couple of times he ended up at the bottom of a very big pile- this shot is of him on the way to the bottom! He played VERY well and (according to Chan) did his job well!









I really liked this shot because of how his arms were out like, "come and get me!" or should I say "who's next?!!" It was so fun to watch him play! Unfortunately they didn't win, but that JV squad is pretty amazing!








Here's a shot of him after the game with his helmet off. I didn't get a closer one because he was with his friends and I didn't want to embarrass him! But the most important things- he played well, held his own against those JV guys and made his family VERY proud!!

3 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Good for Carter! That is awesome!! (Brianne's hair was DARLING!) I love how your family supports each other so well! It's neat. I'm glad he got more playing time than expected, too--that's always fun as a parent. He's clearly awesome. :)

Amy said...

Wow--you have a kid in high school! AND on the football team. Pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

Fun! It is crazy that he fits right in! It is official, they have grown up! Brig has his first game today!