Thursday, February 6, 2014
Mr Alta
One afternoon while I was working I got a call on my cell phone- I looked to see who it was and saw it was Carter. He is not one to call me from school unless he needs something so I picked it up and answered. He sounded excited and said, "Guess what Mom, I was voted into the Mr Alta Pageant!" I couldn't believe it! I told him how proud I was of him and couldn't wait to hear more about it at home! Later that day he filled me in on all the details. It's a bit of a spoof on girls pageants, but to be chosen to participate was a HUGE honor! Anyone could be nominated and then those nominations were put on a ballot (for the Senior class there was more than 20 people) and they were asked to choose 2 people on the ballot to participate. Ballots were counted and Carter and one other guy (who happened to be the quarterback of the Varsity team) were chosen! There were 8 guys total, two from each class, that were asked to compete in several competitions. First was talent, and Carter did a stand up routine of Chris Farley's Bennet Braurer. It was HILARIOUS! Then they were asked questions like "how would you defeat Chuck Norris" or "what's your idea of a perfect date". The responses were pretty dang funny! Then they were asked to strut their stuff on a red carpet wearing 3 inch heels! THIS was funny! Actually FINDING him heels that FIT was a challenge! Anyway, it was entertaining! Then they did a eating contest.... yeah he smashed ALL of them on that one! In fact he's participated is SEVERAL eating contests at high school and has NEVER lost! Anyway, the last event was a strong man contest. They had to hold two textbooks on each outstretched hand! Carter had this one in the bag but looked over his shoulder at the guy behind him and dropped one! Oh well! All said and done he did SOOO well and after the judges collaborated he was voted Mr Alta 2014!! WOO HOO! We are so proud! He was awarded a neck tie with Mr Alta 2014 embroidered on it. Such a huge honor and well deserved. I don't know anyone who loves their school more and loves to participate in ALL the activities! It's a night I am sure he will treasure forever! As will we! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How very cool!! I wish I could have seen the assembly. That is so fun. :) Tell him congrats!
Post a Comment