
Shortly after we returned from San Diego Carter left along with about 180 other boys to go to football camp at Snow College. The camp is for the high school players and he has been working out with them for the past couple of months. He decided after last season to make a goal to try out for the Sophomore team this year. We encouraged him along the way and took him to TONS of workouts in the off season and he was feeling great!

I love this picture! He always stands like this! When I am having a hard time finding him on the sidelines- I look for his feet! Anyway, getting back to camp....... so sign ups for this camp began back in May with a parent meeting. They discussed the team philosophy, fundraising, team workouts, etc etc etc! They laid it all out, but the only question I had for the coaches was, "as a Freshman, will you be honest at the end of camp and tell him/us if he can play or if you think he will be better off playing Junior ball (last year of little league)." Their answer was YES, they would be honest. So I figured it was a win-win situation! If he gets to play up- great, if not- he will have learned a lot and the coaches will tell him what to do to better himself! Sounds great! So we signed him up!

He left on a Tuesday evening and went down on a school bus along with all the high school boys from Sophomore to the Varsity players. They were all assigned rooms with other players in the dorms and they were there for 4 days. They were not allowed ANY electronic devices!! No ipod, phone etc because the focus is on team unity! (YES- this was VERY tough on me- didn't sleep much)

He was one of about 6 boys who decided to go as a Freshman- and he was VERY excited and a bit nervous. But we knew he would have fun and we couldn't wait to go down on Saturday to see him. All the parents were encouraged to come and watch the scrimmages with the other high schools there and to pick up your son and take him home. The last pics above are of him in those games. They played three and won all of them!

It was amazing to see him out there playing with the team and doing what he loves! Chan was definitely a proud Papa that day! (And yes, I was a VERY proud Mom)

Will and Brianne came too and they got to play with some of their friends that were there as well. I think they were pretty impressed with their brother!

I forgot to mention that his number in the pictures is 91- and all the boys are wearing practice jerseys right now, so it's kind of difficult to tell who is who!

This is a shot of all the boys who were playing with the Sophomore Alta team- the boys in white jerseys were offense and black were defense. In high school here you don't play both.

This is the shot of him as the coaches from Snow College were talking to all the high schools. Shortly after this picture was taken Chan and Carter went to "check him out" of his dorm and to speak to the Head Coach and to our delight the Coach wants Carter to play!! There is 5 starting offensive lineman and he is number 6!!! (as of right now- that can always change) but we were thrilled!!!! SO PROUD!! We left the ultimate decision to Carter and after about a week of prayer and contemplation he has decided to play up. My boy will be playing at Alta High School this year! WOW! It just goes to show that hard work pays off!! Way to go Carter!!!! We love you!!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, that is SO exciting, and impressive, too!! Tell him congrats. And I also love the shot of his feet. So cool.
(When I first saw the title of your post, "Snow Camp," I thought, "Oh no!!! I hope she means Snow College," and I was relieved to see that IS what you meant!)
So excited for him and proud of him!
Post a Comment